Thursday, March 12, 2015

Red Flags


I had went to the Dr and I had done a healthy regimen from my Nutritionist in losing some weight and when I went to the Dr, I gained a pound.  This was a month process and I invested time, money and energy into what the nutritionist wanted me to do.  Lets just say, I wasn't a happy camper.  The Dr and I started to talk and for the past year I have been doing pretty much the same thing.  He requested that I shock my body and do the complete opposite.  He wanted me to try this diet in which you lose a pound a day and he wanted me to read up on it before he was going to prescribe anything to me.  I read about it for two weeks and it sounded great.  I really didn't see anything risky or even bad on your health because it was a natural product (hormones).  There were certain things you had to do to make sure nothing bad happened, but I knew I was going to do that and beyond.

The (first flag) that came is when I realized that I didn't want to pray about it, kinda like my first marriage, ha!  I knew that I didn't want to hear a NO! but if you truly think about it, then that means you must already know its going to be a No!  I went ahead and prayed about it and I heard God tell me (second flag), "You don't need to do this."  I brushed it off, thinking it must just be me thinking that.

So for the next week I keep reading and reading about it.  I read reviews, I ordered a book, I ordered other things that I was going to need to make this successful.  I never had 100% peace.  My human self wanted me to have peace about it since I wanted to reach my goal and because I hadn't read anything bad and plus, my Dr requested it.

The morning before is when my package was supposed to be coming to me with 2 main things that I needed.  It was supposed to be delivered that day and then I got an email stating it was delayed (third flag).  I looked it up and called the carrier and it was 2 hours away the night before and then it got shipped to New Jersey.  Well I live in Texas and so they said it would be 6-8 days before it was going to be delivered. I was upset, but didn't care and was still going to do it.

That afternoon I'm getting ready and I'm headed to my friends house and we are going to take before pictures and on the way there, I'm listening to a Christian station and Mark Hall from Casting Crowns announced about his Kidney Cancer (fourth flag).  I remember thinking about this diet that I was going to do and I'm not sure why I related it to my kidney cancer.

That night when I was going home I remember that I cant have oil supplements and one of mine is that I take and I had forgotten to get some when I was at the store so I stopped at Wal-greens.  {Before I begin what I'm about to explain is not my behaviour at all and even looking back I can see that it was the Holy Spirit just guiding me.} So I go to the vitamin section and I stand there and see Gummy Vitamins.  I'm thinking, "Well I cant have sugar or sweets so maybe, I can use these?"  There were 2 bottles left, but one had sugar and one didn't so they looked funny to me.  This is where I know it wasn't me, because I stand in line at the Pharmacy and ask the stupid question to the Pharmacist, "Why do these look different?"  I proceed to tell him why I need them and what I'm doing (like he cared) and that's when he looked at me funny and told me that I don't need to be messing with my hormones (fifth flag) and that I should contact my Urologist.  In that moment, I was reminded of a few years ago when my Gyno wouldn't give me birth control.  In fact he didn't enter the room and told me that he would lose his license because birth control has a hormone in it.

So that night I googled cancer and the diet name (why I didn't before, I have no idea) and all these things started popping up.  This is a hormone diet and hormones feed off of things.  These reviews were stating how these people had rapid tumors growing and some of them didn't even have cancer in their family.  Its not 100% proof to know if it caused it, but the fact that I have had a tumor double the size of my kidney and have cancer cells sitting there was a good (sixth flag).

The next morning I contacted my Urologist and at this time, I already knew in my heart that I shouldn't and wont be doing it.  I was so bummed, but I think I just needed that (seventh flag).  Well he told me that he would recommend that I not do it.  I have realized that my health is so much more important than this possible fix of my plateau.  I need to keep doing what I'm doing and push harder and it will happen.  In fact since I started back on my healthy diet and adding more stuff to it, I have lost 6 pounds in 5 days.  I have also prayed and asked God to help me and I feel like He's smiling down on me and blessing me.  

Another red flag that I have encountered lately is that there is an opening at my job in a different department with more pay and better days off.  I never felt at peace and in fact the other day I started to fill out the application and in the middle of filling it out, I clicked out of it.  I asked my grandpa to pray about it too, but in the middle of me telling him, I told him not too, because I already know the answer.  

Gods plans are so much better than our own.  He sees what the future lies ahead.  I thought about if I did this diet, ignoring what I felt and all the red flags and me possibly getting cancer, would I be mad and upset at God that I got cancer?  I probably would, even though I pretty much caused it on myself by ignoring God.  

I want this blog to not be about the diet, but to be about how God loves us.  He loves and cares so much about me that He threw people, things and delays at the right time and even myself to stand in a line to ask a stupid question.  I am so thankful that I went against what I wanted and listened to God and now He is taking care of me and helping me lose this weight.  Its not going to be easy, but that's okay!  I honestly want what God wants in my life.  He knows that we get stubborned and we can get fixated on certain things if it looks good or if its what we want, but he loves us enough to warn us and to lay it on our hearts to do it or not to do it.

So if there is something in your life that God is calling you to do or maybe to not do or even to wait then listen to God!  He knows the outcome and the reason even if we don't.  He knows your walk and knows exactly where your at in this life and what season you are in.  He loves you and wants to give you the best and sometimes we have to go through difficult to get to the best and sometimes we have to wait to get it and also sometimes God says No.  Just know that Gods No is best for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment