Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What are you doing?

I'm in a season of singleness right now and don't mind it at all.  I have spent the past year on learning about being single, since technically this is the first time that Ive had time with just God and myself and I'm learning on what He wants from us during this time.  God has also placed tons of people in my life whom are single and I have been sharing the knowledge that I have learned.

One main thing that I have came across lately and catch myself repeating alot is "What are you doing to prepare yourself for your spouse?"  If you truly are seeking God and is single and wanting the mate He has for you, then this is a legit, logical question to ask yourself.  Each of us is different.  With me personally, I had insecurity issues with my weight and so I lost it and still working on it.  I had issues with trust from past relationships and God has taught me alot in handling situations when it comes to trust.  I had problems with being selfish and God has opened up my heart to sharing and spending my time building Gods kingdom.  I had problems with finances and using credit cards and God has done an amazing work in my life to show me where my money needs to go too, that He will go beyond what I could dream of to help take care of the debt I put myself in.  Those are just a few things I needed to work on.
So when some of these single friends of mine come up to me panicky or mad or frustrated (all understandable emotions), I simply ask them, "What are you doing to prepare yourself for your future spouse?"  They always look at me with a puzzled look on their face or they hesitate, but alot of times they don't like the question.  Most people walking this earth are selfish people, because we are humans.  Most of us look out for #1 and that's ourselves and we want things NOW and done NOW.  God has graciously showed me that that's just not how God works.  Yes at times He may answer a prayer right away, but during the waiting time, during the process, the molding time, THAT is where you grow, you mature, you grow faith, you grow trust, you grow into who God wants you to be and you learn about yourself and your relationship with the Creator.  THEN, when its time, God will join you and your mate together, but how much more sweeter is that story when the both of you know WHO you are in Christ as a single person, then together you can grow as ONE when your married.

This isn't an overnight fix.  

I remember one night I was laying in my bed praying to God and I thanked Him for this time of singleness.  I got teary eyed when I thought of the day when my life wasn't going to be as calm.  The day when I would have a husband and children running around and then, I'm going to think back of me laying there with nothing going around, no one needing my attention and it would be just me and God and I would want to go back to that moment of singleness for just one second.

I know I will love my life then, but whats wrong with loving our lives now?  We wont get this time back, we wont get back this moment or this time where we can grow and get stuff done before our mate walks in.  I think of how blessed my future husband is going to be, just because God has taken the time to clean out my life and remove people who didn't belong there and remove issues and struggles of mine.  He let me have the time to learn about how to eat right and how to take care of my body and what to eat and what not to eat.  I can take this knowledge and not only share with people around my life now, but my family in the future.

Being single isn't a bad thing.  I understand that there are lonely moments or there are times when you feel your clock is ticking or even just ready to move on to the next chapter, but just remember, God knows EXACTLY where you are and even where your spouse is in their walk.  His ways, His plans, His timing is perfect!  Its always when we allow God to work and when we look back is when we see what He saw all along and THEN we are grateful, but lets me grateful now.  

Sometimes we just have to say, "God, I give this season of my life to you.  You have placed these desires in my heart and in your time they will come true.  Until then Lord, please help mold me into the person you want me to be and mold me into the wife/husband for my future mate.  I pray Lord that you watch over them and help them in their lives and any struggles or issues that they may face.  God please be with me in my times of loneliness and in my times of struggle when I just wish my future spouse was already in my life.  I trust you God that your plans are better than my plans for my life and my life is in your hands.  In this season, please Lord use me to the best way possible to help others and help build your kingdom.  Thank you Lord for this time with just you and me.  In Jesus Name, Amen"

Ive mentioned before that I pray for my future husband everyday.  You betcha I do!!  I have claimed what God has placed in my heart, what He has been preparing me for and its only a matter of when we will join paths.  He is real, he is walking this earth and there is nothing wrong with praying for someone you may or may not of met.  I think that shows trust and faith in God.

So what are you working on if you are single right now to better your life with your future spouse?  Do you have some debts you need to try and pay off?  Do you have a few pounds that you are insecure about?  Do you have any addictions that are weighing you down?  Is there some education you want to get under your belt?  Are their people in your life that are a bad influence or just really don't need to be there?  Do you want to get a better job or higher in your career?  Do you need to clean out your house or get rid of some things?  There honestly is no better time, then now.  How would you feel if your future spouse had this huge baggage that they haven't dealt with and was waiting on you to help them?

Keep working on to be a better you and a better child in Christ each and every day.  Always seek Christ and pray for your future spouse to seek Christ and because both of your eyes are on Christ, He will lead you together.  In my heart, theres really no need to worry and feel like you need to put yourself out there to find someone.  God is the creator of EVERYTHING, He can place 2 people at the right time in His time............just trust Him!!!!!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment