Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#11 Air popcorn

I was once taught how to cook popcorn on the stove and it changed my life.  Its so much better to me than bagged popcorn and its so much healthier.

I add popcorn kernals and 100% vegetable oil ( you can also use olive oil) and put it in your pan on the stove and cover it with a lid and let it pop.  Once the popping slows down take it off the heat and let it pop a little bit more and be aware that when you open the lid, it might pop out at you.

Then just pour into a bowl and maybe add a little sea salt and shake it in the bowl to get everywhere and wa-la......delicious snack.  I always get the munchies before bed, right after work and this always lets me munch on something with little calories.

Also I read that the bag popcorn has unhealthy ingredients in them,HERE and also the popcorn flavorings has an ingredient in them that is from cement.  So maybe just watch what is in the fake flavorings.




No comments:

Post a Comment