Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Proverbs 31 woman

For the past year I have been driven to be a Proverbs 31 woman.  I have admitted that in the past I was not or even near close to it.  After I read the 90 day book on How to be a Proverbs 31 woman, I'm reminded daily of who she was in the Bible.  This woman was a woman who dressed in fine linens and who owned her own business and still took care of her children and household.  She was a woman who was admired and her husband was respected at the city gate.  She was a strong, beautiful woman in Christ and her children and husband trusted her and she also took care of her servants.  My drive, my goal, my hearts desire is to be that person.  Its going to take work and effort and I have been working hard, but I know its going to be worth it.    

1. Faith - A Virtuous Woman serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She seeks His will for her life and follows His ways. 
(Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15)

This can be hard at times, but there have been many times this past year in which I wanted to do something,  but God laid on my heart not too, or I didn't want to do something and God wanted me too and I think I have done each of them.  Its hard especially when you don't understand or see the reason, but that's where trust and faith comes in that its for our good.

2. Marriage – A Virtuous Woman respects her husband. She does him good all the days of her life. She is trustworthy and a helpmeet. 
(Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis2: 18)

I'm not currently married, but I do pray for my future husband each and everyday.  I pray that he is walking with God and obeying him and that he is being molded into the man that God wants him to be.  I pray that he is waiting and trusting God to bring us together and not seeking women that is not from the Lord.  I pray for myself and for God to mold me into the woman He wants me to be and that I will be a good wife, mother to our children and best friend to him.

3.  Mothering - A Virtuous Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go.
 (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)

I currently don't have any children here on earth and I'm not really around alot of children.  Then when I started to go to my church and allowed God to open up my heart to serve Him, I was told about a group that gets together with a bunch of moms twice a month in which they need sitters for their children at the church.  I volunteered and I love these little children.  I can tell God is practicing my motherly side of me that I haven't gotten to use and its preparing me to hopefully be a mother one day.  I also have a friend who fosters children and she has been helping me to feed and take care of a baby and I feel so much more comfortable now and its true when that natural mothering is just built in you. 



4. Health – A Virtuous Woman cares for her body. She prepares healthy food for her family. 
(Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, Proverbs 31: 17, 1 Corinthians 6: 19, Genesis 1: 29, Daniel 1, Leviticus 11)

This has been a big one for me this past year.  I now look at food and what it is in food totally different now.  I also noticed when you eat healthier and wanting to take care of the body that God has given you, God provides and helps.  I know alot of people complain about it being expensive, but honestly its not when you stop eating out and start eating from what you have at home most of the time.  People can easily spend $5.00-$10.00 for a meal through a drive through.  Not only though does it make you healthier, but it makes you feel good.  You don't get the heaviness of a meal and want to sleep, or headaches or bloating from salt, etc.  I know now when I eat bad food, I am miserable!!!

5. Service - A Virtuous Woman serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a gentle and loving spirit. She is charitable. 
(Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13: 13)

God has been placing this on my heart lately.  I know that we all give in different ways with our different gifts.  Some are words, some are actions, some are listeners, some are financial, but its good to try and be all of them if possible.  God has been working on me with certain areas that I have lacked or wasn't very good at in the past.  It also has to do with trusting God and Him providing, whether it be with giving you the words to say, or the money to give, or the time to serve.

6. Finances - A Virtuous Woman seeks her husband’s approval before making purchases and spends money wisely. She is careful to purchase quality items which her family needs. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18, 1 Timothy 6: 10, Ephesians 5: 23, Deuteronomy 14: 22, Numbers 18: 26)

I'm pretty good at spending my money wisely.  Like everyone I'm sure I spend money on things I don't need or can do without, but lately, actually the past few weeks, God has really opened up my eyes to debt and how He doesn't like it.  Obviously living in this world this day and age, we will have some form of debt whether it be a mortgage  or a car payment or a loan of some sort.  My debt is more than what it needs to be and for some reason God just showed me that it can be fixed if I am smart and driven to do this.  This is something that I'm trusting God with and I pray that nothing happens to interfere and I hope and pray He opens up doors for me to stay on track to pay these off.  I also don't want this to be a burden to my future husband and family when that time comes.

 
 
7.  Industry – A Virtuous Woman works willingly with her hands. She sings praises to God and does not grumble while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31: 31, Philippians 2: 14)

I love to work!  I just enjoy earning the money God wants me to have and I appreciate it so much more.  I love to be crafty and take pictures and I know these are gifts and talents God has given me and I know that they can be used for good.  I don't want a burden to put on my husband and I want him to know that I can take care of us if for some reason a financial issue occurs.  I also want him to be the provider for our family, but I would love to do something on the side if I was to some how be a stay at mom one day.

8. Homemaking – A Virtuous Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, 1 Peter 4: 9, Hebrews 13: 2)

This is me!!!!  I love making my home into a home.  In fact my dream this past year is to build me a home out on the outskirts of town and design it and then decorate it when its all said and done.  I visualized church groups and kids coming over into a Christian atmosphere and us having BBQs and gatherings.  It makes me smile just thinking of it.  I should pray for this!! :)

9. Time - A Virtuous Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that do not please the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27, Ecclesiastes 3, Proverbs 16: 9, Philippians 4:8 )

In the past I always freaked out and stressed myself out if things didn't get down in the time frame I had set in my head.  I have realized how relaxed I am and I put the top priorities on the top of my list.  There have been alot of times that God has tested my time and His time.  Things that I would want to get done ASAP, it took months and I had to wait.  I still have a fence that I want to get fixed, but its not time.  I'm waiting on God to work in that.

10. Beauty – A Virtuous Woman is a woman of worth and beauty. She has the inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She uses her creativity and sense of style to create beauty in her life and the lives of her loved ones. (Proverbs 31: 10Proverbs 31: 21 – 22, Proverbs 31: 24 -25, Isaiah 61: 10, 1 Timothy 2: 9, 1 Peter 3: 1 – 6)

A year ago I didn't like the way I looked.  I didn't like the inside or the outside.  I held on to alot of hurt and bitterness and God has set me free!!! And because that God has set me free, I am now feeling beautiful on the outside now that I know my worth in Christ.  It also has to do with my health mentioned in 4.  I had to lose weight and get healthier and it effected my insecurity and my self worth.  Ever since I changed my health and Ive lost weight, it has made me feel more confident and comfortable. I also changed the way I dress and I am more modest now and aware of what is revealed.  
Being a Proverbs 31 woman is hard, especially living in this world, but it can happen.  I encourage all the women reading this to grab the book and just spend 90 days in it.  Its a very good read and it opens up your eyes.  I also suggest to any men reading this to grab it for your spouse or maybe even for your mother.  I pray that each woman whos reading this works on at least one of these that maybe you know you might be weak in or slack.  God has made us women and we are loved by our Father and we all have a purpose on this earth.  We are made with emotions and we can multi task and we are help mates to our husbands and nurturers to our children.  I pray that you will be bold in your walk and that you can be the beautiful woman that God has made you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment