Thursday, January 8, 2015

It blows my mind at how many Christians don't see it as stealing and lying!

How many blessings do you think we get stripped of daily because of our selfish, greedy desires?



I had to go to Sam's today to get some things and when it was time to check out, one of my items wasn't ringing up, it said the item wasn't found.  So I apologized to the guy behind me, but he was in no hurry because he was waiting on some pizzas to be made.  They had to call in the back to get a code and so after a few minutes of standing there, he got it and rang it up.  The price was $7.00 less than what it should be, so I spoke up and said, "This isn't right."  The guy asked me, what was wrong and I told him that its supposed to be $20.00.  The guy behind me said, "What!!  Your telling him it cost more?"  I looked at him, I smiled and I said, "Hey, I'm honest!"  The guy that was checking me out said, "Well I guess you got it for this price today."

So it started making me think.  If the price was $7.00 MORE than what it should be, we would be quick to say, "THAT'S NOT RIGHT", and we would demand the price to be what it should be, but because we are getting something cheaper, a lot of people zip their mouths and don't say anything.  I have been around MANY Christians who do this and I don't see how they don't realize that they are lying, stealing, being dishonest, because they know the truth.  I don't think I would be able to sleep if I didn't at least, AT LEAST, inform them that it is wrong.  I have actually had people change the prices to the original price it should be, and I CANNOT be mad at that. 

How many times have you gone out to eat and you noticed that they didn't charge you for your drink?  Did you tell them?  I sure as heck do and 90% of the time they know it or they just say forget about it, but there are that 10% who simply made a human mistake and you never know if their job is on the line, and they went back and corrected it.  I CANNOT be mad at paying for what I used or what I purchased.  It blows my mind at how many Christians don't see it as stealing and lying.

I think sometimes God just made me completely different than most people.  I don't like to sugar coat things, I am a straight forward person and I tell it how it is.  I know in the long run I will be at peace, God will be proud of me and I will get blessings.

Let me ask you:
What if during those times like I just mentioned when you have a chance to speak up and speak truth, that this was God testing you?  What if you could save $7.00 NOW, but because you spoke up and  it changed to the right thing for you being honest, God blessed you TEN FOLD then the $7.00?  How many blessings do you think we get stripped of daily because of our selfish, greedy desires?

I have seen people where when they go out and eat and they tell the food place they want water and then go to the soda machine and get soda instead of water, that's stealing, its lying!  I've seen people buy things from a store knowing they are going to return in, wear it and then return it, I find that stealing.  I've seen people use things that wasn't for them to benefit themselves, which was illegal, its lying. 

I have had people tell me, "Girl, you are just too honest!"  WHAT???????  Is that even such a thing?  I mean, I totally get that people struggle with certain things, but why is it hard to be honest?  I think that's a big part of what's wrong with this world.  Something that seems small to some people, like not speaking up over an un-paid drink, SHOWS ME, what else can they lie about or be deceiving about?  If people only saw that when someone sees if you can do something so small, then you can do something big too!

I really want to trust people.  I want people to trust me.  I want to be around a million dollars and someone leave me there alone and know that I wouldn't take a dollar.  I want my husband to know that I will ALWAYS be open and honest with him and I want my friends to know that they can trust me with anything!  I would like that too from people.  I want to be shown that the people I'm around and people who come into my life are honest and want to strive to do the right thing!  So much respect and honor lays into their personality when that is shown! 

As I leave, I'm always reminded of the movie, "The Family Man", when Nicholas Cage is in the store and the Angel counts back money wrong on purpose to the girl and she's hesitant, but she still takes it and walks away.  What if God is testing us in those times???  What would you do???






I do not want this to be a bashing of a blog, but I just really, really, REALLY want people to get blessings and to see where as a fallen world we can view things the wrong way.  More importantly, I don't want anyone to do the right thing to get something.  What's wrong with just doing or saying the right thing anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment