Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Blogging at 3am

I should be in bed right now.  I didn't really have anything to say, but decided to sit down at my computer and watch a preview to a movie that's coming out next month and then I started to play the song that I posted at the bottom.  I just sat here smiling while singing this song.  As I sang the words out loud, I feel so blessed to have God in my life.  I was raised in a godly home where love was shown and to have faith and hope in God, even during the bad times.  I know what God was doing when He placed me in my household of believing parents.  He knew the trials I would face and He knew I would use them to glorify Him even at times I struggle and question Him.

Our time on this earth is so short lived and I think we forget how valuable each day is.  We can make a difference in someones life, we can make them feel worthy and feel beautiful.  We can help them physically, financially or just to be there with a listening ear.  God is always there for us and even when it seems like no one is, He just wants to run into His arms.

As I walk with God things start to make more sense and more easy.  I sometimes wonder why I didn't want to be this close to Him or why I chose to put my closeness to another person.  I know its completely normal, but I catch myself praying all the time and thanking God for this time alone with Him.  Its so beautiful and I know that I wont always have it.  I will be going on to another chapter with a husband and a family and the time I have now will be more consumed with them and I know one day I will look back and treasure this time.  God has really helped me and shown me that He truly is enough. 

I have written like 5 blogs this month and haven't posted them for some strange reason.  I think I just haven't had the time to re-read and edit them.  I usually write my blogs away from home.  I also need to post pictures from all the Holidays soon. This blog will probably be raw because its 3am and I'm listening to the same song over and over completely happy, peaceful and content, even though today is my weigh in day!

Doors are opening left and right in my life and I am so thankful.  God is good, I don't understand why some people don't want to know Him.  If they only knew what He could do in their lives.  I cant imagine walking this earth without the Holy Spirit living inside of me.  I was 8 when I accepted Christ into my heart so I don't remember ever being empty and maybe that's why I don't understand.  This is all I know!!!!  This is all I want to ever know!!! 

I'm excited about the future.....I'm excited about me laying my head on my pillow and waking up to another beautiful day!!!  I'm ready for church and then my weekly get-together afterwards and then for Thursday I'm excited about my new friends and Homegroup!!!  How amazing is it that God has brought people into my life who are around my age who loves God, fellowship and hanging out.

I have to say GOD IS GOOD!!!!   He knows what I need, when I need it and He always provides. 

Here are the lyrics to the song that I keep singing over and over....

Verse:
I need You to soften my heart,
To break me apart.
I need You to open my eyes,
To see that You're shaping my life.
 
Pre-Chorus:
All I am,
I surrender.
 
Chorus:
Give me faith to trust what You say
That You're good, and Your love is great.
I'm broken inside, I give You my life.
 
Verse 2:
I need You to soften my heart,
To break me apart.
I need You to pierce through the dark
And cleanse every part of me.
 
All I am,
I surrender.
 
Chorus:
Give me faith to trust what You say
That You're good, and Your love is great.
I'm broken inside, I give You my life.
 
Bridge:
I may be weak, but
Your Spirit's strong in me.
My flesh may fail, but
My God You never will . (repeat 2x)
 
Chorus:
Give me faith to trust what You say
That You're good, and Your love is great.
I'm broken inside, I give You my life.(repeat 2x)
 
Bridge
I may be weak, but
Your Spirit's strong in me.
My flesh may fail, but
My God You never will.(repeat 4x)

Give me Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment